FitKids360 is a seven-week healthy lifestyle program for children ages 5 to 17 and their parents or support partners. This program combines basic education about nutrition, behavior and exercise with a wide range of physical activities to help participants develop healthy habits, eat better and become more active.
Objectives for this course:
- Understand that pediatric overweight/obesity are an epidemic
- Understand how and why FitKids was started
- Understand the mission/vision of FitKids
- Understand where FitKids falls in relation to the levels of obesity treatment
- Learn about current programs and projects.
- Review the FitKids360 outcomes results and successes
Objectives for FitKids360 Overview Training:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of each key staff member on the team.
- Discuss the importance of knowing site policies and procedures.
- Understand the logistics and program/class structure.
- Discuss FitKids360 best practices & program standards.
- Apply professional knowledge and standards to practical FitKids360 class scenarios.